I’m Katherine, an illustrator and surface pattern designer living outside of Minneapolis, Minnesota. I grew up drawing on just about any surface I could find, including the walls. I followed other paths but later rediscovered my love of art and picked up my pencil again.
I love to create joyful art for the everyday. I envision warm, approachable designs that are also fresh and modern. My illustrations and designs are homegrown and have roots in the past but with a contemporary sensibility. My dream is that my designs and illustrations can once again find their place on a number of surfaces. I’m often inspired by what’s in my own backyard: nature, gardens, everyday objects, vintage textiles, children’s picture books, and my own three children.
My work is a combination of traditional media (pencil, ink, & watercolor) and digital. I especially enjoy designing for fabric, stationery, greeting cards, wall art, home decor, and children’s art. My Etsy shop, which opened in 2014, has art prints, tea towels, stationery, and calendars available to purchase. I'm also part of a four-woman art collective called Pencil Parade!
If you’d like to contact me directly about my work, you’re interested in licensing my designs or illustrations, or you'd like to talk about a commission, please email me!
Stay in touch!
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Email | LinkedIn
Orange Circle Studio, Design House Greetings, Mpix, Robert Kaufman Fabrics, Legacy Publishing, Gina B. Designs
press & mentions
- Blue Print Preview on Pattern Observer blog. May 2018.
- Featured on Print & Pattern Blog. March 2017.
- Included in Print & Pattern Nature. January 2017.
- Featured in Southwest Metro Magazine. April 2016.
- Featured in the Student Showcase of MOYO Issue 8. August 2015.
- Gallery Show: “Patterns, Prints, and Everyday Art” at the Chaska Community Center. August 2015.
- 1st Runner-up for the P&B Textiles/Pattern Observer Textile Design Challenge. 2015.
- Runner-Up for the Print & Pattern/Make It In Design Scholarship 2014.
- Calendar designs placed third in the annual Spoonflower Tea Towel Calendar design contest. 2013 and 2014.